Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Meals are meant to be shared.


Today I believe I set a new record. I saw two movies in the theater- both for FREE!

The first movie this morning was "Coraline" at the Kerasotes in Inver Grove theater with Nicole. The second movie this evening was "Julie and Julia" at the Kerasotes in Block E with Brittany.

I was not much of a fan of Coraline, but Julie and Julia was two thumbs way up. I think the part that I enjoyed the most about the movie was both Julie and Julia had great marriages. Usually in a movie like this it is a boyfriend and girlfriend shown living together, which does not have the same sweetness as husband and wife.

I enjoyed watching the interaction between the two couples and of course the element of cooking! I remember watching Julia Child on TV when I was a kid- so it was fun to recall that part of my childhood!

It is a movie I would highly recommend but at the same time it made me miss Joshua that much more. I look forward to the sweet interactions Joshua and I will have as a married couple and all the meals we will share as husband and wife.

There is something in sharing a meal with another person that I don't think we give enough value or credit. A shared meal is something that should not be taken for granted because it is daily partaking is something vital together.

Meals can be one big collaborative work of art. It is something that everyone can contribute to to create a tasty masterpiece. We are blessed with the resources to cook many meals, to try new recipes and have access to numerous grocery stores to supply all the food to make it happen.

So find a new recipe, cook it for you and a loved one, enjoy some good conversation and in the words of Julia Child,
"Bon Appetit!"

No comments:

Post a Comment